Small groups are a way to grow closer to God and other people. Crosspoint’s small groups are groups of people who meet on a weekly basis to study the Bible, discuss a topic, or read a book. Time is also spent each week praying together and sharing what is happening in our daily lives.
Small groups are fluid and new members are always welcome. It is never too late to want to explore a new study or get to know some members of a small group better.
For more information about these studies, including addresses of the meeting sites, contact Jennifer Fitch at (330) 854-0193 or e-mail email@example.com. Also, if there is a specific study you are interested in or a topic you would like to explore, contact Jennifer. New studies can always be added.
Winter 2014 Small Groups:
- “Battlefield of the Mind” by Joyce Meyer – In her most popular bestseller ever, Joyce Meyer shows how to change your life by changing your mind. She teaches how to deal with thousands of thoughts that people think every day and how to focus the mind the way God thinks. The group will me at 9:30 a.m. at Crosspoint and will be led by John Zona (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- “Chase: Chasing After the Heart of God” by Jennie Allen – This Sunday morning women’s study will meet at Crosspoint from 9:30 – 10:10 a.m. This will be a time for women to meet with one another and grow closer to one another and closer to God. The study title is Chase and it’s about chasing after the heart of God. This group will be led by Melissa Kalb (email@example.com).
- “Nooma” by Rob Bell – Nooma is a series of short films that explores our world from a perspective of Jesus. Nooma is an invitation to search, question, and join the discussion. Each Sunday we will watch and discuss one of the Nooma videos. This group wil be lead by Thom Kalb (firstname.lastname@example.org) and meet at Crosspoint.
- “Weird” by Craig Groeschel – The group will be watching a video that is based on the book entitled Weird. We are excited to discuss what it would look like if we all became weird and followed Jesus! We will be at 6:30 p.m. at the home of Will and Jen Clark. The study will be led by Bret Blackstock (email@example.com).
Tuesday & Thursday Morning:
- Crosspoint Fit – It’s time to get off of Facebook and get Crosspoint Fit to the park! The group will begin with a devotion and prayer time followed by 30 minutes of exercise. The format will be similar to the Couch-to-5K program. We will meet at 9 a.m. and the location will be determined. Contact Katy Hoffman (akatycookie.com) with questions.
- “Philippians” – We will meet to read and discuss the Letter to the Philippians. Each week we will read a chapter of the book on our own and then discuss what we read together. We will not be using a curriculum, just the Bible and our thoughts. Childcare will be available. We will be lead by Thom Kalb (firstname.lastname@example.org) and meet at the home of Steve & Nancy Passerini. The group will begin on February 5th.
- Crosspoint Fit – It’s time to get off of Facebook and get Crosspoint Fit to the park! The group will begin with a devotion and prayer time followed by 30 minutes of exercise. The format will be similar to the Couch-to-5K program. We will meet at 7 p.m. to walk around in the Activity Center. Contact Karyn Russ (email@example.com) with questions.
- “The Book of Acts” – We will watch this book come to life. This video series follows Acts word for word. We will meet at 6:30 p.m. at the home of Rick and Betty Corder. Ruth Capasso (firstname.lastname@example.org) will be leading this group.
- “Ephesians” – Calling all men! Beginning Friday, January 17, Bret Blackstock will be leading a men’s study on Ephesians. The group will meet at Crosspoint at 5:30 a.m. Bring your coffee, your Bibles and your friends. Call or text Bret Blackstock at 330-417-2275 if you have any questions.